Well, today I officially have a second grader! It really is hard to believe! I have heard my entire life even before I had children, that "they grow up fast" and it couldn't be closer to the truth. These little guys grow up too fast for me. I just want to bottle them up and keep them like this forever!!
So we headed back to school this morning for a meet and greet with the teacher. Well, apparently that was the last person Ryan was wanting to "meet." Ha! He had to catch up with his crew from last year. He has some favorite people that we just had to find. We made it back to his room and got him registered to start on Monday. It was fun for him to be back at school. We love ATES and are very thankful for all they do. It is such a happy school where everyone knows everyone.
Jackson went along this morning and is amazed by all the kids. He loves to watch them play, although he was quite grumpy and was more concerned with his own agenda! Food!
It was a good day...

He's growing up so fast! Seems like yesterday when I held him in my lap and showed him how to play games on the computer. Gamer that he has become, I like to think those countless hours we spent together playing all of the games he liked on the computer are the reason that he calls Mimi a gamer just like him!
ReplyDeleteYou'll barely blink and you'll be 40...he'll be in high school with a car, a cell phone and at least two or three girlfriends. You'll worry about where he is, what he is doing and keep looking at the clock on your bedside table. When you hear the garage door open and him come in the house, you will say a little prayer thanking the Lord, yet again, for bringing him home to you safe. Then, the next weekend, you will repeat this ritual and so it will go. When he is all grown up and a young man, you will still worry but for different reasons.
One thing you will never stop doing is worrying about your children..no matter how old they are.
The good Lord has blessed you with two, and soon to be, three, wonderful children. I believe the blessing of a child is such an example of His divine love.
So, continue to enjoy and love your children...every single day. It is so obvious how much they love their Mommy. The love of a child....what a gift that is!
Mom